Each piece of premium lumber is hand selected specifically for your furniture. View all of the premium quality wood types available for your piece, from the fine luster of rich cherry wood, to more rustic options that still bear organic markings, like worm holes and bite marks.
Our Amish woodworkers are true masters of precision. Every piece of DutchCrafters Amish furniture is built individually, ensuring that the fine wood grain of one piece of your quartersawn white oak tabletop flows seamlessly with the next, or that the dazzling flames of your tiger maple drawer front are front and center.
Our woodworkers build each piece with generations of use in mind, drilling holes for pins one leg at a time, wedging arm and back posts into each seat of a chair to assure a lasting joint through thousands of sittings. Some of our joints are fitted with tongue and groove corner braces, some with pinned mortise and tenon joinery. Some inner corners are mitred to fit perfectly, then secured with discreet pocket-hole, countersunk screws, because we want you to be as impressed by the underside of a chair, or the inside of a door, as you are by the top or the front.
We know that you have plenty to worry about, and our craftsmen strive to make sure that the solid, smooth and intuitive construction of each piece your furniture will never be one of them. Some of our favorite features standard on many of our designs:
* Dovetailed drawers: Drawers are six-piece, dovetailed front and back. Each drawer is fully constructed from the same-species wood, so every surface is strong, solid, and seamless.
* Full-extension, soft-close drawer slides: These heavy-duty slides are hidden under a drawer, hold a static load of 100 pounds and are tested to 100,000 uses - so you can get a full view of everything inside your drawer, then gently nudge it to close (as many times as you like).
* Tongue and groove backs: Same-species backs on hutches are tongue and groove secured, so your collectibles are safe from shifting shelves.
* Solid wood bed rails: These same-species rails are secured with helix fasteners, so your bed doesn't rock or wobble.
* Superior table slides: Do remember jerking and shifting a dining room table open, then hoisting up and fitting in the extensions? Our premium dining table slides allow the table to open effortlessly, and self-storing leaves move up to fill the space in one easy, continuous motion.
FINISH TO PERFECTION
Chances are, you'll never really notice the impeccable construction of your Amish furniture. Your guests aren't likely to fawn over joint specifications - but the finish? The finish is, quite literally, where some of our craftsmen's work shines, and where your furniture finally comes to life.
After careful hand-sanding to ensure a silky surface, your choice of hundreds of stains or paints is applied with careful, uniform sprays or strokes. Every piece is placed under a spotlight for thorough inspection, where our fastidious workers correct even the most minute of aberrations.